Core Trainings for Our Program
Our program is built around core trainings grounded in the values of peer support.
- They are all peer-developed, trauma-informed and wellness-oriented.
- They are strength-based and support self-direction.
- They are recognized and sought both nationally and internationally by peers and their allies.
Intentional Peer Support (IPS): Co-learning that makes three shifts
- from helping to learning
- from individual to relationship
- from fear to hope
Emotional CPR (eCPR): Teaches anyone to assist others through an emotional crisis.
- Connecting: deep listening and creating emotional safety
- emPowering: tapping into personal power, hopes, and dreams
- Revitalizing: renewal of energy and focus on next steps
Wellness Recovery Actional Planning (WRAP): based on five key recovery concepts
- personal responsibility
Learning Community Approach
- The Wisconsin vision for peer-run respites is one of community engagement, inclusion and collaboration.
- A learning community is relationship-based, not place-based; partners share common values or beliefs and are actively engaged in learning together from each other.
- We will develop our program within the framework of a learning community that extends far beyond our specific geographical location.