Details About the Stay
- Open and free to anyone in Wisconsin who needs and wants peer support to navigate or avoid a crisis related to mental health and/or substance use challenges.
- One-to-one Peer Support is the primary service offered and is available day or night.
- We are staffed by trained peers: people who have experienced mental health or substance use challenges and have firsthand experience with navigating crisis. Our programs are peer-developed, trauma-informed, and wellness oriented.
- We provide an alternative option for people who want peer support for self-directed healing rather than traditional care and treatment services.
- The average guest will stay between one to seven days and staff will provide linkages to community resources.
- Entrance begins with self-referral and a conversation between the person considering respite and a member of the respite team.
- Our vision is to be part of the larger community. We are collaborating with regional partners to increase and strengthen wellness and recovery services for people in our region.
For more information about Respite stays please visit:
Frequently Asked Questions